Ever since the state's new capital Amaravati was announced in this region, real estate prices have zoomed. Land deals worth crores are being struck in bare-bone offices, some as basic as a shed with an asbestos roof, a table and a couple of chairs, a telephone connection and some documents.
The agents were only yesterday farmers or drivers or landless labour. They say there is enough business and commission for everyone.
Sheikh Nagul Mera is all smiles as he says, "I used to give cars on rent and made hardly 800 to 1000 rupees. Now I am doing real estate. so we are getting a lot of money. On every land deal, I get one lakh rupees."
Farmer Sivayya turned into a real estate agent after pledging his 15 acres of land to the Andhra Pradesh government for building the capital. Sivayya has clinched a winning deal. The government has given farmers here Rs. 30,000 for every acre they have pledged. That is double the amount they would have made by renting out land.
Even landless labourers like Srinivas, who often turn tenant farmers, are happy. Srinivas has just received a cheque for Rs. 15000 to compensate for lack of wages for the last six months. And, yes, he has turned into a real estate agent.
In some villages, land rates have increased 10 times. There are signs of new prosperity in villages. New cars and fancy bikes zoom past. Many new houses wear the evidence of a recent housewarming function and several multi-storey buildings are being built.
How long will the boom last? No one is willing to even consider that this could be an artificial rise in prices.
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Tuenti
- Share on Sonico
- Share on FriendFeed
- Share on Digg
- Share on Reddit
- Share on Delicious
- Share on VK
- Share on Tumblr
- Share on Google+
- Bangalore and Karnataka Real Estate Forum
- East Bangalore Real Estate Forum
- Mysore Real Estate
- General Topics in Bangalore Real Estate
- Real Estate Classifieds In Banglore
- Koramangala, HBR, HRBR Layouts Apartments and Villas
- Hyderabad and Telangana Real Estate Forum
- Hyderabad Real Estate Genaral Topics
- West Hyderabad Apartments and Villas
- gachibowli apartments and villas
- Nallagandla Apartments and villas
- Kukatpally Patancheru Apartments and Villas
- South Hyderabad Apartments and Villas
- Appa Junction Apartments and Villas
- Narsingi Apartments and Villas
- East Hyderabad Apartments and Villas
- Hayathnagar Apartments and Villas
- Uppal Ghatkesar Apartments and Villas
- Shamshabad Shadnagar Bangalore Highway plots and layouts
- Uppal Ghatkesar yadagiri gutta plots and layouts
- Hyderabad Real Estate Classifieds
- Amaravati and Andra Pradesh Real Estate Forum
- Vijayawada Real Estate
- Guntur Real Estate
- Vizag Vishakapatnam Real Estate
- Real Estate Classifieds in Amaravati
- Chennai and Tamilnadu Real Estate Forum
- Hot Projects in Chennai
- NCR Noida Gurgaon Real Estate
- NCR Gated Communities
- Noida Gated Communities
- Pune Mumbai Maharasta Real Estate Forum
- Pune Apartments and Villas
- Mumbai Apartments and Villas
- Pune Plots and Layouts
- Mumbai Plots and Layouts
- General Topics in Mumbai Real Estate
- Real Estate Classifieds In Mumbai Real Estate
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
The views and comments posted in these fora are personal and do not necessarily represent the those of the Management of Indian Real Estate Community | Real Estate Community in India.
The Management of Indian Real Estate Community | Real Estate Community in India does not, under any circumstances whatsoever, accept any responsibility for any advice, or recommentations, made by, or implied by, any member or guest vistor of Indian Real Estate Community | Real Estate Community in India that results in any loss whatsoever in any manner to a member of Indian Real Estate Community | Real Estate Community in India, or to any other person.
Furthermore, the Management of Indian Real Estate Community | Real Estate Community in India is not, and cannot be, responsible for the content of any other Internet site(s) that have been linked to from Indian Real Estate Community | Real Estate Community in India.